[Discuss] Fwd: BLU Desktop GNU/Linux SIG Meeting - Free Software for Photographers - Weds, May 7, 2014

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:43:29 EDT 2014

  Dick Miller is going to teach us Fotoxx, a free open source
>   GNU/Linux program for photo editing and collection
>   management. The goal is to meet most user needs while
>   remaining fast and easy to use.
>
> What you will learn:
>
>   -- Index images and create photo collections
>   -- Adjust brightness, color and gamma curves
>   -- Sharpen, blur and reduce noise
>   -- Anti-alias: suppress "jaggies" in low-rez images
>   -- Apply special effects
>   -- Much more!

​Since the room closed early we didn't get to all of that, but as Dick
pointed out, the author Mike has great tutorial videos
  http://www.kornelix.com/fotoxx_videos.html
(​There has been slight improvements to menus and dialogs since he last
recorded those, but the basics work the same even though rearranged.)

Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux