[Discuss] DMARC issue, Yahoo and beyond

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu May 29 21:30:03 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Ricker
>
> ​It may not threaten you (@home.net), but since I'm currently subscribed
> from Gmail, a few posts from Yahoo could supposedly get *me* kicked from
> the list for excessive bouncing.
>
> I suppose I could try posting from Yahoo to prove the point, but the
> fingers i'd burn are my own.

I'm on office365.  A lot of people are on gmail.  A lot of others are on google apps.

I agree, I am very much *not* inclined to prove the point by posting from a yahoo address, or enabling dmarc rejection policy on my own domain and then posting.  Because it would be legitimately harmful, and I am amongst those who would be harmed (as I said, I'm an o365 user, and I confirmed with their support the other day, that they do indeed honor dmarc policy of sender emails.)