[Discuss] DMARC issue, Yahoo and beyond

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu May 29 21:36:01 EDT 2014

> From: jabr at gapps.blu.org [mailto:jabr at gapps.blu.org] On Behalf Of John
> Abreau
>
> There's no downside? I think you're assuming too much.
>
> Jerry emailed me this morning to tell me that he can't upgrade Mailman
> without first upgrading its dependencies, including python, and those
> upgrades would likely break the OS, as it's gotten fairly old.

Actually, thank you for this response.  Because it shows that there is intent to straighten it out, but due to technical limitations, it's difficult.

Given the nature of people on this list, perhaps somebody has pointers that will make the upgrade process easier, or, as you said, new VM's are being provisioned and that will also make the problem easy once they're available.

The question in my mind is:  What's the holdup to provision VM's?  I normally envision a 2 minute login session with digital ocean or whatever.