[Discuss] TrueCrypt EOL, what's next?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri May 30 10:02:30 EDT 2014

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> It looks like a hack to me, and not actual EOL.  They say so many
> bat-shit crazy things on their website right now:

The DNS redirect appears legitimate and last I knew there were no
complaints to the registrar in question. The new binaries are signed
with the same signing key used to sign previous versions. If it is a
hack then it is quite elaborate.

No, I still think this was initiated by one or more of the TrueCrypt
developers. Why? I don't know. I've posted my speculations but they're
merely that: speculation. We won't ever know until one or more of the
devs throw off their blankets of anonymity.

The batshit crazy? That's an attention-grabber, a publicity stunt.

--
Rich P.