[Discuss] OT: Microsoft Secure Channel (Schannel) Vulnerability

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 00:45:11 EST 2014

This  was discussed pretty much all week on SANS Internet Storm Center
"Daily Stormcast"  podcast.

Handler Diaries -

https://isc.sans.edu/diary/How+bad+is+the+SCHANNEL+vulnerability+%28CVE-2014-6321%29+patched+in+MS14-066%3F/18947
&
https://isc.sans.edu/diary/SChannel+Update+and+Experimental+Vulnerability+Scanner+%28MS14-066%29/18953

Especially If running Net-visible Windows servers -- e.g. ASPX windows
servers -- this *is* urgent.  2nd priority, laptops.
   Unclear which services a non-server might be vulnerable with to
intRAnet attack, so patch them too.

/b