[Discuss] OT: Microsoft Secure Channel (Schannel) Vulnerability

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 00:59:15 EST 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Stephen Ronan <sronan at panix.com> wrote:
> Thanks, for less technically adept folks like myself, what is involved in
> successfully patching these machines? Is it just a matter of going straight
> to Windows Update when they're turned on?  - Stephen

As far as i know [AFAIK], yes.
[  Assumption in docs is Corp IT pulls patches and pushes them to Corp
systems, and that the general public doesn't read the docs, will get
updated whenever update happens. ]

caveat -- Note i haven't managed a Windows box in years.
( My old work laptop got its patches from Corp IT push.)
(not counting disinfecting some relatives' systems over the holidays.)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux