[Discuss] ubuntu 14.04 apparmor aa-enforce Traceback

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Mon Oct 6 20:52:25 EDT 2014

So, I'm kind of amazed there's still no fix for this, that I can find.  I'd like to know what you guys think...

In Ubuntu Server 14.04, straight out of the box (or fully updated), there's a massive rash of errors in the apparmor profile files.

To put all apparmor profiles into enforce mode, the command is:
sudo aa-enforce /etc/apparmor.d/*

However, this throws a python Traceback.  The best I can find so far, is to put each profile into enforce mode, individually:
find /etc/apparmor.d -type f -exec sudo aa-enforce "{}" \;

When I do this, many of the profiles throw errors, and others successfully enter enforce mode.

What are you doing about this on your systems?  (Pls don't waste our time by saying "don't use apparmor" unless you're suggesting some other product to use for equivalent functionality.)