[Discuss] virus?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Tue Oct 28 20:57:21 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Adler
>
> Thanks everyone for you comments on this. As it turns out, I can't
> reinstall the OS since its a laboratory equipment and I need to do my
> best otherwise.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat, and you are likely to unfortunately, learn from my experience.  Remember when I said even if you have all the details of the exact virus and the removal tool specifically to remove that virus, and it still doesn't work?  That happened on a NI oscilloscope in our lab.  After cleaning it once, it got back in a few days later.  So then we isolated the machine (no access to the ever-so-important Samba file server, which apparently you are doing just like we did) and it remained that way for a month or two, and then we got the reinstallation media from NI and reinstalled Windows.

I wish you the best of luck, may your venture be hopefully easier than ours was.