[Discuss] Home security & automation

Matt Shields matt at mattshields.org
Fri Sep 19 16:37:21 EDT 2014

I'm considering setting up my own home security system, video surveillance
and home automation.  I'd rather not go with a provider based system (like
Comcast, ADT, Vivint, etc) since I want to control everything and not have
to rely on a company for service or pay a monthly fee.

Ideally I would like it to have all three things (security, video &
automation) all work together in the same system and I'd like to have it
network based and even have a mobile app.

Any suggestions?

Matt