[Discuss] Personal finance software on Linux

Mike Small smallm at panix.com
Fri Sep 19 17:14:13 EDT 2014

"Rich Braun" <richb at pioneer.ci.net> writes:
> So, it's 2014 and I'm still in search for an excellent personal-finance
> manager that works on Linux, Windows and/or Mac, with sync to/from mobile. And
> whose data can be kept on storage media owned by me, not some cloud provider.
> (I guess I could go back to my old Windows-only method, but Windows is
> gradually fading out from my home network with the demise of Microsoft
> TechNet.)

I've used gnucash in the past and was more or less satisfied with it.

As a different approach, I keep meaning to try ledger-cli, after seeing
it referenced here: http://sfconservancy.org/campaign/

http://www.ledger-cli.org/

No fancy UI, but the documentation looks excellent:
http://www.ledger-cli.org/3.0/doc/ledger3.html

--
Mike Small
smallm at panix.com