[Discuss] raid controller drivers

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu Sep 25 06:58:18 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of John Hall
>
> I agree with Richard that it's easier to put grub and kernels on a non-raid
> disk.

I didn't think the OP was talking about soft raid.  If it's hardware raid, then grub & kernels don't know and don't care about the raid, as long as the driver is present.  Which he said it is; it's just a matter of rebuilding the initrd to include it.

> I think there may be a script someplace to convert all disk settings to use
> UUIDs.

Isn't it already that way by default?  I didn't read anything in the OP to suggest it wasn't.