[Discuss] Volunteer Request - Presenters for local high school

Grant M gmongardi at napc.com
Thu Apr 2 06:38:41 EDT 2015

In addition to what Max suggested, there are a bunch of online learning courses
for the Raspberry Pi and Arduino. I've been writing software (embedded, Desktop,
Control and Web) since the 1980s and just got a Pi for my birthday from my
nephew. I haven't been so excited about something since my first project
building prototype instrumentation on an 8051 core back in the early nineties.
In fact I'm having a difficult time deciding on my first project with it. If
this can get an old guy like me this excited about something that I've been
doing for 30 years then I have to assume it's going to be interesting to at
least some of your students. I don't know if the $35 + microSD cost entry fee
would be too expensive for the school though.

In any case, best of luck!
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi