[Discuss] Ubiquiti Networks is creatively violating the GPL

Stephen Ronan sronan at panix.com
Fri Apr 10 10:35:59 EDT 2015

It's worth noting that in respect to at least a portion of his
claims the original author of the complaint provided an update:

"Update: Some people have expressed doubt that this is done in
the kernel, and could have been done in userspace. In response, I
would like to note a violation that is easier to verify.
ag7240-eth.ko is a binary-only kernel module contained in
Ubiquiti's firmware. Instructions on how to confirm this are
here." with a link to
http://libertybsd.net/ubiquiti/instructions.html That, itself,
has this link: "Here is a relevant forum thread:
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-General-Discussion/Release-the-SDK/td-p/39551
"

The implications of that thread is beyond my limited capacity to
grasp.

    - S.