[Discuss] "Stack Script" (shell script) to build Ubuntu LAMP + on Linode

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Apr 16 16:51:47 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) <
greg at freephile.com> wrote:

> I'm checking out Ansible now.

And Ansible is awesome.  Exactly what I was hoping for.  Everything is
configurable!  One example: you can pull code from version control and
specify exactly where it goes.  This means, for example, I can pull Drupal
8 from their repo with additional code from my internal server, and setup a
site with drupal at /var/www/drupal and a conf at
/etc/apache2/sites-available/drupal.conf

On top of that, Digital Ocean seems to be a pretty top notch hosting
service that is ansible-friendly.
- extensive and useful API
- 'Config scripts' that let you initialize machines on creation
- SSD disks, so I literally just created a machine in like 60 seconds.

Greg Rundlett
http://eQuality-Tech.com
http://freephile.org