[Discuss] OSX Mavericks root exploit, and Safari

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:55:28 EDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM, <dan at geer.org> wrote:

> <polemic>
>
> Suppliers who walk away from their code bases must eventually become
> subject to the rule of law.
>
>   On Abandonment, IEEE

Agreed. Revising our laws to either provide strict product liability *or*
reversion of abandonned IP to the public would seem pragmatic. Somehow i
doubt those terms are built into the closed-text Trans Pacific Partnership
treaty that we're being asked to accept sight-unseen. ​

Alas they'd probably dodge liability by saying it was past its useful life
... however useful it is to us.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com