[Discuss] "Stack Script" (shell script) to build Ubuntu LAMP + on Linode

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:14:04 EDT 2015

/srv is defined by the Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard as the place
where "site-specific data which are served by the system"belongs.

But the One And Only True Standard is /var/www ... and /home/apache, and
/usr/local/apache2, and /Library/WebServer/Documents, and /usr/local/httpd,
and /var/apache, and who knows how many other ad-hoc locations that were
used before the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard was hammered out.

I've never heard the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard described as nonstandard
before.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) <blu at nedharvey.com>