[Discuss] tips on java application bundles for os x

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Thu Apr 23 19:51:29 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I want to build freenet from scratch and make a correct os x app for it.  The current one makes me unhappy.  I’m not a java dev :p but I’m making progress.  Using eclipse, imported from git, built from scratch, etc, successfully today.  Very fun.

I know there’s at least one java guru on this list.  Is there anything I should consider when releasing an app for os x?  Any weird security stuff I need to go read about?  I’m _not_ going to be bundling the jvm and distributing in the app store.  I will suggest they have the jkd installed like I do.  This is just something to play with and maybe assist the open source project.

Thanks,

Eric Chadbourne