[Discuss] Hoping BLU will help me

cmhowe at patriot.net cmhowe at patriot.net
Sat Feb 7 11:21:25 EST 2015

BLU list,

I'm a first-time poster. I live in the NOVALUG area, but, so far, they
haven't been able to get close to my problem, I should say that I am not a
programmer. I am a user. I am trying to get something done that I regard
as being of immense importance. If you want to hear about it contact me
off-list.

I want for my system to be back to what it was when disaster hit on 24 Jan
2014, Ubuntu 12-04 LTS. I am an od guy, bday April 27, 1926. I am a long
retired theoretical physicist. Not a good one, but it enables me to
realize what can be done, what can't be done and, all too frequently, to
realize that someone is on the wrong track.

I live, with my wife, in an assisted living facility, Emeritus Manassas,
zip code 20109. Can I expect any comments, thoughts, etc, when I get back
from Lunch. First contact by email first. I am very much
mobility-impaired.

Fwiw, I have ties in the Boston area. My brother about twenty months older
than me, died several years ago. Two nephews also live there. one, Peter
Howe, does a broadcast ever weekday night on the NEBN. I never wanted to
live there. Too cold.

My full name is Charles M Howe. Call me

Charlie