[Discuss] os x = poop?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu Feb 12 06:54:46 EST 2015

> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> It just bugs me that something simple like, I need an IRC client that doesn’t
> suck

Yeah, the best solution is a mac with windows & linux VM's running in it.  Every platform has some stuff that it does better than the others, so use each platform for the stuff it does best.  If you have a favorite IRC client that you like in ubuntu - run a ubuntu VM.

> Can’t
> imagine using this OS as a server.

Oh, no.  Don't.  Just don't.  *shudders*  The only situation that I would even consider running OSX server is to be a time machine server.  Which can be done with ubuntu server, so I don't see any reason to do it with osx server.