[Discuss] Most common (or Most important) privacy leaks

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Fri Feb 20 07:04:26 EST 2015

> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
>
> > "Yes, I'm logging in, but I'm being coerced -- but don't let on that
> > you know, because I'm in danger if this doesn't appear to work".
>
> I agree with this. This should also be employed in home security systems
> also.

Of course there's an easy countermeasure to that too -

The guy with the gun says "Ok, login.  And if you fail to put the moneyz into my hand, blam."  Anybody in the hot seat would be stupid to *use* the "Yes I'm logging in but I'm being coerced" password, unless there was more at stake than just their own life.  Useful for national security situations - not useful for protecting your bank account.