[Discuss] Raspberry PI 2

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Sun Feb 22 12:45:48 EST 2015

On 02/22/2015 12:34 PM, Bill Horne wrote:
> The hardware and software curves crossed about ten years ago, so it's
> logical that the hardware devices would get smaller and more
> specialized. The only thing I'm afraid of is that they're headed
> toward "appliance" status, where each "strawberry Pi", "Pecan Pi",
> etc. is limited to a single burned-in capability that can never be
> changed.

Ironic that as we march away from general purpose computers, we are
getting a splash from such a wonderfully general purpose computer.

Compared to a phone where hacking ranges from difficult to possibly
illegal, this little beast is nearly wide open. (Okay, the Broadcom chip
is not publicly documented and binary blobs are needed to use much of
it, but still...)

-kb