[Discuss] No-SQL Database Recommendation?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Sun Jan 11 17:58:03 EST 2015

On 01/11/2015 05:32 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> If by "No-SQL" you mean "does not use SQL"

Just that I dislike SQL, I don't want to have to maintain a separate
code base of stored procedures, I don't want to have to use Python to
assemble SQL on the fly either.

I would like something that has a nice Python API. But if I can't I
can't. If the no-SQL part has to be discarded, so be it.

I don't need relational features, but I don't mind if my database
supports them. There is nothing in my data that needs a free-format
key/value features. Maybe there is a nice Python interface to PostgreSQL
that hides SQL bits, but I doubt it.

I support the idea that irrational prejudices are irrational, but I also
support the idea that aesthetically pleasing tools are good, make for
better results, etc.

-kb