[Discuss] No-SQL Database Recommendation?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:00:18 EST 2015

On 1/11/2015 4:26 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> This is absolutely wrong. A simple key/value table in SQL is perfectly
> fine. Why would anyone assert otherwise? The fact that you *can* use it as
> a relation is beside the point.

As an aside...

I don't mean key/value data. I mean N-dimensional data where N > 2.
Medical records are (can be) a relatively simple example of
3-dimensional data: they cover patient information over time. Sparse
array databases were developed specifically because these kinds of data
don't fit into tables.

My assertion stands: trying to shoe-horn non-relational data into a
relational database is foolish.

--
Rich P.