[Discuss] SQL discussion

Doug sweetser at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:35:16 EST 2015

postgres rocks in my opinion.  But I still have a fear: triggers.  It is
triggers that blur what I view as a database - place for my data, with
programming, which is to transform the data.  There is no universal trigger
language.  In postgres, there are a bunch.  The trigger code is not so
pretty.  In an ideal world, I would never use triggers in a db, saving that
transformation work for python using pyscopg2.