[Discuss] Higher-end keyboards to try?

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Wed Jan 14 17:20:24 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:44:23PM -0500, Daniel Barrett wrote:

> I'm interested in getting a better keyboard, like a Cherry MX type,
> but would like to try out a few first to compare them. Is there a
> computer store in the Boston area where this is possible? That is,
> they've got Cherry red, blue, brown, etc., available to try out?
>
> I tried a friend's Cherry MX Blue at work at it was quite awesome,
> though loud.

MicroCenter probably has several different kinds, and are
usually amenable to opening up boxes.

Personally, I think the Enduras from pckeyboard.com, with proper
buckling springs, beat everything else hollow. But the Cherry MX
Blue is not a bad substitute, and I hear the MX Green is pretty
good.

-dsr-