[Discuss] Passwords in Source Code?? Or, How to secure interprocess communications?

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Sat Jan 31 10:56:41 EST 2015

FWIW, in PHP you often put the PostgreSQL user credentials in the code.  Usually a config file somewhere.  You can also place sensitive files outside of your web root with proper permissions.  If all running on a local box I don’t open the ports or set the db config to allow other connections.  It seems reasonably secure.

I am curious as to what others do.

The PostgreSQL docs have a ton of great info.

- Eric