[Discuss] Passwords in Source Code?? Or, How to secure interprocess communications?

Gordon Marx gcmarx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 18:30:15 EST 2015

None of that matters. Code goes in version control. Secrets that you want to keep secret don't. Therefore, you can't put secrets into your code.

Write the username and password into a configuration file, get the username and password from the environment, or use a non-password auth mechanism like an SSL certificate.

Sent from my iPhone