[Discuss] NAS: distributed file systems

F. O. Ozbek ozbek at gmx.com
Sat Jul 4 13:56:29 EDT 2015

On 07/04/2015 12:07 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> F. O. Ozbek wrote:
>> You can use moosefs to essentially do what Isilon does at a fraction
>> of the price. https://moosefs.com/
>
> Thanks for the reminder of MooseFS.
>
> I've ran across it before. There are a bunch like it. They tend to be
> either very complicated to set up, or immature and incomplete. One
> really needs some first-hand reviews.

You can invite the MooseFS people to come and give a presentation
in one of the Fall meetings of BLU.
It will cost them a roundtrip ticket to Boston, but they will
probably do it for their marketing effort.
(By the way, I don't work for MooseFS and I don't benefit financially
from MooseFS.)

The person to contact will be Krzysztof Kielak
at krzysztof.kielak at moosefs.com