[Discuss] Distributed file systems

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:04:54 EDT 2015

>> I think the leaders in this space are glusterfs, and ceph.

I'm not sure who originally wrote this but... fsvo "leaders".

What I've seen from all of the Linux cluster file systems is solutions
to specific problems or classes of problems. This is a lot of why
GlusterFS is better than, say, Hadoop for some things but worse for
others, and vice-versa. They are solutions for different problems.
Nobody in the Linux world has done any serious work on soup to nuts
cluster systems like DEC's OSF-1 clustering.

--
Rich P.