[Discuss] NAS: encryption

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:24:03 EDT 2015

 On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> I don't trust my disks to do the encryption, mostly because there's
> really no way to verify that it's doing it correctly, and the key
> management gets a lot harder.

The way I read it, the message wasn't that you should trust the disk to do
the encryption; it's that encryption has very low overhead today, and the
reference to disk-based encryption was merely to illustrate that point.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6