[Discuss] VPS suggestions

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Fri Jul 10 09:54:27 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Any VPS suggestions?  For the last year I’ve been using Digital Ocean.  The price is right and the servers are fast.  Unfortunately it appears apt-get can’t update the kernel.  You have to use their web based gui.  This isn’t acceptable to me.

Anybody have any suggestions?  Are you happy with your VPS?  I also prefer hosts that use standard tools like ssh.  I don’t want to have to install stuff like gcloud compute just to login.  I don’t want strangely built versions of PHP that don’t work properly with PostgreSQL like Dreamhost has. I just want a “regular” gnu-linux or bsd box where I am root and things work as a normal human would expect.

Thanks,

Eric Chadbourne
Nonprofit-CRM.org