[Discuss] VPS suggestions

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Sat Jul 11 08:41:38 EDT 2015

> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> Any VPS suggestions?  For the last year I’ve been using Digital Ocean.  The
> price is right and the servers are fast.  Unfortunately it appears apt-get can’t
> update the kernel.  You have to use their web based gui.  This isn’t
> acceptable to me.

I use DO. Haven't had that problem... The only thing I've experienced that's even remotely similar was when the ubuntu 12.04 hardware enablement stack changed (by ubuntu) I had to do some extra steps to upgrade to the new HWE. But it wasn't too bad, and it was all on the ssh terminal...

Have you contacted their support? Maybe there's some setting you could change? I wonder what exactly you're experiencing, and I wonder why you're experiencing it but I'm not.

I have various flavors of ubuntu server, all 12.04 and 14.04.