[Discuss] Multiple submissions of resume by recruiters and hired.com

Mike Small smallm at panix.com
Fri Jun 5 12:11:43 EDT 2015

Bill Horne <bill at horne.net> writes:
> I say "Keep at it", but you've already heard that. I'll just mention
> the things which have worked for me:
>
> 1. Job search groups. They help a lot.
> 2. Be wiling to relocate if the money's too good to pass up.
> 3. Keep yourself current, and keep your name in the public eye.
>
> I hope you have good luck, and if you know of someone who wants their
> telephones fixed, please keep me in mind. Oh, and if you ever see that
> hookah-smoking caterpillar tell it that my head is already nourished,
> thankyouverymuch. ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. It makes sense. Yet weighed
against that is the time and mental energy of attending to such things.
A part of me thinks of a certain person I grew up with who seems to live
fairly carefree with his wife in the mountains of British Columbia
(speaking of smoking up). I imagine him laughing at my full on Ward
Cleaver approach to life and attendant anxiety about remaining
acceptable to the corporate world. Then I think with the time I spent on
career related stuff this year I could have figured out how to install
Plan 9 on my other laptop (imaginary guy in mountains now slaps is
forehead). Well, no doubt there's some middle ground to partly address
the one hand as well as the other.

--
Mike Small
smallm at panix.com