[Discuss] memory management

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sun Jun 21 07:10:30 EDT 2015

You can override its behavior my modifying the desktop file
(/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop in Gnome 3)
The statement 'Exec=firefox %u' is the line to modify.

You could place your modified copy in ~/.local/share/applications

I have not tried this, but it should work.

Instead of su -, use 'sudo -u <user> firefox', and update /etc/sudoers
not to require a password for this.
For instance:
you <user> = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/firefox