[Discuss] inevitability of bad code (was Re: sandboxing web browsers)

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:33:24 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM, John Abreau <jabr at blu.org> wrote:
> I've seen plenty of piss-poor coding done in perl,
> python, C, Fortran, and every other language I've ever reviewed.

I don't think i ever saw piss-poor Ottawa Euclid, but the prerequisite
maths (higher order logics) kept the user community pretty tight-knit
and erudite. :-)

[ And conversely, erudite exceptional 31337 haxors have done literate
programming in macro-assembler, Lisp/Scheme, APL/J/K,
FORTH/Postscript, ..., most elegantly.  Happily i haven't read enough
SNOBOL or BF to have an opinion whether such exceptions exist for all
the "write only" languages, but such is true for all that ever
mattered.  ]

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com