[Discuss] A laptop for Linux

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 23 16:19:53 EDT 2015

Jack Coats <jack at coats.org> writes:

> I have a fairly recent T-series. T540p.  When I have to, the pad works once
> I got used to it.   I saw where Lenovo is taking a hint and going back to
> 'real buttons' on the trackpad, so I would look for that before jumping.  I
> just didn't know better and trusted Lenovo to not do something to far off
> the beaten path. I use it mainly in a docking station with a regular USB
> mouse.  I also do dual-boot using Linux Mint as my main OS but to help
> diagnose issues for friends, I keep Winders installed and try to boot and
> update it at least monthly.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I upgraded from a T520 to a T540p and was very sad
to learn (after the fact) that the buttons were gone.

I've actually learned to like the trackpad in some cases (I like the
two-fingered scrolling feature)!   However I still frequently
accidentally touch it and then have to go find my mouse cursor.  :(

Glad to hear they've corrected the mistake.

-derek