[Discuss] memory management

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Tue Jun 23 22:03:40 EDT 2015

"ps x | grep plug" yields nothing but the "grep" process.

"ps x -o pid,ppid,cmd | grep 12345" (where 12345 is firefox's PID) yields
nothing but the "grep" process.

I'm running Firefox 38.0.5, which is the latest release. I use a script I
wrote long ago to fetch the latest tarball from ftp.mozilla.org and build
an rpm from the tarball. Perhaps there's been a change in recent versions
of firefox, or a difference between the vanilla tarballs and the rpm
packages that the distro builds?

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6