[Discuss] stumped: machine won't boot

Laura Conrad sunny at laymusic.org
Fri Jun 26 09:33:42 EDT 2015

    Dan> Can you boot from a rescue USB or disc? Sounds like you need to
    Dan> re-install a boot-loader (LILO or GRUB, most likely)

Yes, I can do either of those.  boot-repair is supposed to reinstall
grub, and thinks it  has, but not so I can boot.

I should have pointed at the most recent boot-repair output --
<http://paste.ubuntu.com/11778560>

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116029698292079786511>

Einstein explained his theory to me every day; by the time we arrived,
I was finally convinced that he understood it.

Chaim Weizmann, describing a transatlantic crossing with Einstein,
quoted in a New York Magazine profile of Caroline Heilbrun's
death. <http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_9589/index2.html>