[Discuss] adb devices and Macbook Air/Pro old and new

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:02:19 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I [also] went with option 2, does anyone have recommended devices?
>>

> I've never heard of a Firewire to USB bridge and the only Thunderbolt to
> USB bridge chipset that I know of is USB3.

​That's what I was afraid of, when i raised that hypothetically ("if such
exists").

Replacing the Macs with Mini-ATX boxes with older USB2 physical cards might
be an option, but then your nightly push/pull software would have to be
ported to Linux, Open/Net-BSD​, or *shudder* MSW. *BSD is of course the
closest, but any Apple-specific tools used get awkward.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux