[Discuss] Securing a VMware ESXi server at a colo site?

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:42:28 EDT 2015

I did a bit of googling to see how to setup a vpn server on the ESXi host,
and it seems that's not possible. And managing the host through a vpn
running on a guest VM sounds unreliable; if you need to use the management
console to fix a problem that affects the vpn server guest, you have no
access to the management console until the problem is fixed.

So it seems I'll still need a separate physical server to provide the vpn.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) <blu at nedharvey.com

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6