[Discuss] Rekonq doesn't trust my Certificate Authority

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Mar 12 00:00:59 EDT 2015

I've come across an odd problem with Rekonq, and I'm looking for help.

I have a "real" SSL certificate for my website, billhorne.com. It shows,
as is expected, a "padlock" icon when I go to https://billhorne.com/ .

Except when I use Rekonq, and then the KDE browser gives me an
"untrusted" error, saying that the root CA certificate is not trusted
for this use.  Google searches show that it's a "known" problem, but the
only pages I found were of suggestions that there was a MITM attack in
progress or warning against using a self-signed cert.

I took a screen shot of the "deails" page: it's at
https://billhorne.com/snapshot1.png .  All suggestions are welcome, and
thank you in advance.

Bill

--