[Discuss] pulse files in /tmp on RHEL 6 - followup

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Mar 21 08:02:45 EDT 2015

The real issue was that cron was not working. The root passwords on
these systems were expired and this prevents cron from executing on a
user with an expired password. Once I reset all the passwords my test in
cron.hourly worked, and tmpwatch should do its job.Just one thing I was
unaware of. What threw me off was that one of those hosts downloads a
product from Toronto every week and was working, but it was using my
userid not root.