[Discuss] My HP Pavilion's HD bit the dust and it is 13 years old, [...]

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Sat May 30 21:19:12 EDT 2015

My used IBM Thinkpad finally gave up (graphics processor died).  Got a
Lenovo Thinkpad T540p, it works well, except the pad.  It accepts clicks
and pointer positioning, but I prefer a USB mouse.  At first the pad was
bad enough I almost sent the new T540p back, but playing with the
sensitivities to make it more useful.  Current version of Mint works well,
but I still prefer the external mouse.  I mainly use a my laptop in a
docking station.  It makes hooking up my mouse, phone dock, external
blue-ray writer, external hard drive, etc easier.

I do dual boot with the pre-installed Win7 on occasion.  It works OK, but I
still prefer Linux.