[Discuss] Experiences virtualizing: Linux hosted in Windows vs Windows hosted in Linux

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Sat Nov 14 10:40:53 EST 2015

I run VMware Workstation in both configurations (Linux host + Windows
guests at home, and Windows host + Linux guests at work). Both setups
function beautifully for productivity tasks. I'd say the decision
depends on which Windows software you plan to run. For example, if you
plan to run professional audio/video recording software for Windows,
where timing is critical, use a Windows host. On the other hand, if
you need to run old Windows software that works best on (say) Windows
XP (I do this), use an XP guest and never worry about obsolescence.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com