[Discuss] 'Mr. Robot' & ProtonMail

aslam karachiwala aslam at mythicflow.com
Sat Sep 12 16:00:45 EDT 2015

Yeah, I'm a fan of this show as well and was happy to learn that it has
been renewed for a second season. Can't wait to get caught up on S1.

Came across this today:
http://www.ibtimes.com/mr-robot-how-new-product-feature-was-incorporated-protonmail-after-discussions-2078670

    In their research about Elliot, the producers of “Mr. Robot” felt
    that the character would want a feature in the email service that
    allows him to check if there is any covert surveillance on him. The
    producers proposed that a secure email service ought to provide an
    email access log that would allow the users to check when and from
    where their account has been accessed.

    “It turned out that a very large number of our users were also
    interested in having the same feature in ProtonMail. As a result, we
    built and released this feature to our users and it was extremely
    well-received, meaning the 'Mr. Robot' producers really do
    understand how cybersecurity-conscious individuals tend to think,”
    [co-founder Andy] Yen said.

Also, TIL, ProtonMail has open sourced their web client
<https://blog.protonmail.ch/protonmail-open-source/>.

--
aslam

The Rights & Liberties Daily <http://paper.li/akwala/rights-liberties>

PGP key <http://is.gd/aslampgpmit> fingerprint: 736C D83E 32DB A2FD 0208
9113 0FC8 BA7D FECF 84FB

/Join World Community Grid
<https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/viewRegister.do?recruiterId=877175>.
Help power cutting-edge research in health, poverty and sustainability./