[Discuss] Cloud-backup solutions for Linux?

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Wed Sep 23 18:14:04 EDT 2015

On occasion, I have had to delete a crashplan client, and on windows
machines reboot, before installing it again, and re-claiming the same
crashplan machine name.

Before crashplan, I used a script with tar to backup to Amazon using
'normal' backup, full, followed by various versions of reduced versions,
but get a full backup monthly. ... based on some of Curtis Prestons scripts
from backupcentral.com (free scripts) but I did modify it to use amazon.
 (No link to Curtis or backupcentral.com other than I used to work with him
at a consulting company).

http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-backup-all-your-files-to-amazon-s3--cms-21386

    http://s3tools.org/s3cmd

and a few other similar sites are easily found using google.