[Discuss] How to write .htaccess rules

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Sun Apr 3 13:07:57 EDT 2016

Can someone point me to a good explanation of this?  I've found some
that look understandable, but my rule still doesn't work.

My problem is that I rewrote a wordpress site into drupal, and I would
like old links to some pages on the old wordpress site to translate to the
equivalent page on the new drupal site.

For instance, the page
<http://serpentpublications.org/wordpress/?page_id=20&id=235> should now
be <http://www.serpentpublications.org/drupal7/?q=piecepage/235>.

My attempt at this rule is:

RewriteRule wordpress/?page_id=20&id=([0-9]+) "http://serpent.serpentpublication
s.org/drupal7/?q=piecepage/$1"

Based on the log, I can see that apache is definitely seeing this rule,
but it isn't for some reason serving the drupal page.  Before I switched
the site over, I managed to get a rule that sent all wordpress pages to
a page that redirects to the home page of the drupal site, so people
aren't stuck with just an error, but I want them to get the current
version of the page they were looking for.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/116029698292079786511>

It can't be any new note. When you look at the keyboard, all the notes
are there already. But if you mean a note enough, it will sound
different. You got to pick the notes you really mean!

Thelonius Monk, on being asked how he got a special sound out of the piano