[Discuss] Govt Source Code Policy

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:34:31 EDT 2016

Derek apparently hasn't gotten to this yet so I'll take it upon myself
for now.

On 4/7/2016 2:32 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) wrote:
>>> It's WRONG that the US taxpayer spends about $82 billion a year
>>> collectively supporting private contractors for things like 'Census taking
>>> software'
>> Prove it.
> Did you hear about that randomizer app that the TSA paid $1.4 million for?
> http://www.geek.com/apps/tsa-paid-1-4-million-for-randomizer-app-that-chooses-left-or-right-1651337/

Your citation is not proof that "the US taxpayer spends about $82
billion a year collectively supporting private contractors for things
like 'Census taking software'" nor is it proof that "[i]t's WRONG". So I
reiterate Derek's demand: prove it. Prove that it happens and prove that
it is wrong. You made the assertion, it's on you to back it up with facts.

--
Rich P.