[Discuss] Permission denied

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:19:33 EDT 2016

On 4/21/2016 1:41 PM, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> Moreover, when I created a second folder as a sibling, c:\foo\bar2, I
> could not open the bar2 folder either. Note that I had just CREATED
> the folder MYSELF... and did I mention that I'm an administrator?
>
> The mind reels.

Nah. You're just looking in the wrong place for the answer. The lock
isn't on bar and bar2. It's on foo. bar and bar2 inherit from parent foo
and it sounds like someone removed the Administrators group ACL from it
(or perhaps it was never there). You could use icacls to break bar's and
bar2's inheritance from foo or you could use icacls to restore full
access to the Administrators group to foo.

--
Rich P.