[Discuss] Permission denied

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:16:34 EDT 2016

On 4/25/2016 12:26 PM, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, Rich. We'll give that a try.

You're welcome.

FWIW, security on NT is like a network firewall where a specific host
(Administrator) is granted explicit access to every service and object
behind the wall. If you remove the rule that allows admin users' access
to a service then that service is inaccessible to admin users. The rule
must be restored before Administrator can access and manipulate the service.

It's a very different model from anything POSIX-like.

> Would that be "sudo chattr +i"?

Why, yes, it would. It drove me nuts the first time I encountered it.

--
Rich P.